Friday, April 18, 2014

Japanese Hibachi White Sauce

One of my absolute favorite places to go eat is Wild Chef. It's a Japanese hibachi restaurant, and it's amazing. Possibly the best part of the meal is the white sauce they give you. It. Is. Amazing. I was on Pinterest one day and stumbled across a recipe for it. A couple months went by, and I finally picked up the ingredients to try it. I was feeling daring. In the past, a lot of the Pinterest recipes I've tried have not turned out well, such as the 75 Calorie Greek Yogurt Cheesecakes and Homemade Beer Bread. It's not that those aren't great recipes, but they just somehow didn't turn out or taste good to me. The white sauce did not turn out like those ones. It was soo good. 
The ingredients are all in the photo below. The recipe also calls for a dash of cayenne pepper, but since I only made a half batch I wasn't going to buy it for half a dash, so it is not pictured. I have to say, I was skeptical.

 Especially when it looked like this...
I mixed it all together and put it in the fridge, and began cooking the chicken.
Things started smelling good with the chicken, and later cooking the carrots as well.
Once the rice, chicken, and carrots were all finished, I topped it with the sauce, mixed it, and enjoyed. It tasted exactly like at the restaurants. It's amazing. Job well done, Japanese Steakhouse!

No comments:

Post a Comment